Every year we like to cover the Internet Trends and Stats presentation that Mary Meeker & Liang Wu from KPCB compile. It’s always great and this is no exception. These were some of the stats that we found interesting:
- The global internet had 8% growth mostly from emerging markets
- 29% of USA adults have a tablet or eReader
- The average eCPM for desktop internet is $3.50 and $0.75 for mobile
- Mobile surpassed Land Lines in 2002
- Internet advertising revenue surpassed newspaper advertising revenue in 2010
The report wraps up with a look at the U.S. Economic situation, which comes across as slightly more political than we have seen in the past.